FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Carrickmacross Arts Festival?
Carrickmacross Arts Festival is an annual four-day multi-disciplinary festival that showcases the very best artistic talents from the Monaghan, Cavan, Louth and Meath areas. The festival also facilitates many national, and/or international, artists of note.
The festival has been held over four consecutive days every August since 2014.
This year’s line-up can be viewed at www.carrickmacrossartsfestival.com/lineup
When is Carrickmacross Arts Festival 2018?
Carrickmacross Arts Festival will be held over four consecutive days from Thursday 23rd August until Sunday 26th August 2017.
Where is Carrickmacross Arts Festival held?
Carrickmacross Arts Festival is held on the grounds of Callan’s of the Bridge, Bridge Street, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan, A81 V963, Ireland. Co-ordinates: 53.972792, -6.71929
Is camping available onsite?
No, however, our accommodation page lists local Hotels, B&Bs, Guest Houses and Self-Catering options –www.carrickmacrossartsfestival.com/accommodation
Our festival is designed for those who love the festival experience but not the muddy fields or sleepless nights. We keep ticket prices low so you can treat yourself to a hotel or B&B.
Is food available onsite?
Yes, there are numerous food vendors onsite who offer non-alcoholic drinks and delicious foods ranging from light refreshments to all your daily meals.
Is alcohol available onsite?
Yes, there are outdoor bars on site and you can also access an indoor bar at Callan’s of the Bridge. Please note:
- It is illegal for persons under 18 to purchase alcohol.
- It is illegal for persons over 18 to purchase alcohol on behalf of persons under 18.
- Only alcohol purchased onsite may be consumed – attendees are not permitted to bring their own alcohol onsite.
- Attendees may be body/bag searched and non-permitted alcohol confiscated.
- Attendees may be asked to prove their age with valid Photo ID – Passports, Drivers Licences or Garda Age Cards only.
Do children require tickets?
Children under 12 are free, however they must be accompanied by a guardian or parent over 18.
Persons over 12 will only be admitted with a valid ticket – see ticket options below.
Please note: It is illegal for persons under 18 to remain on licensed premises after 9pm.
The vast majority of Children’s activities take place between 12 noon and 6pm on the Saturday and Sunday.
Where can tickets be purchased?
Day Tickets, Two Day Tickets and Four Day Tickets can be purchased at the following locations:
- Online at either carrickmacrossartsfestival.com/tickets or www.tickets.ie
- In Callan’s of the Bridge, Bridge Street, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan. Please note: Limited quantities sold on a first come, first served basis. Tickets cannot be reserved.
- At participating SuperValu and Centra outlets throughout Ireland.
Please note: Tickets can be purchased in Carrickmacross SuperValu at the Tickets.ie desk, i.e. where GAA tickets are purchased.
Family Fun Day Tickets cannot be purchased in advance – they can only be purchased at Callans of the Bridge on Saturday, 25th August and/or Sunday, 26th August. They permit entry to the Festival from 12 noon to 6pm on the relevant day.
Please note: Limited quantities sold on a first come, first served basis.
What ticket options can be purchased?
Two Day Ticket
Four Day Ticket
Family Fun Day Ticket
- Family Fun Day Tickets cannot be purchased in advance – they can only be purchased at the Festival box office in Callan’s of the Bridge on Saturday, 25th August and/or Sunday, 26th August
- Limited quantities sold on a first come, first served basis
- Family Fun Day Ticket holders are not entitled to a wristband and must vacate the site at 6pm.
- Family Fun Day Ticket holders that wish to remain after 6pm must purchase a Day Ticket for €25 – each ticket entitles you to a non-replaceable, non-transferable wristband. If you intend to spend the day with your children and to then stay on after 6pm, it is advised that you just buy the €25 day ticket as this will
- After 6pm on Saturday, 25th August and Sunday, 26th August, only attendees wearing wristbands will be permitted to remain onsite.